Transfer List

Go down

Transfer List

Post by Feralis on Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:45 pm

Yes a transfer list I know its not the most glamourous item but essential, are you going to list player for a set time say 5 days, if you have say 2 - 3 games a week? or do you have to list every week?
Also will it be a auto bid up so say someone is up for sale at £1mill the next bid is £1.1mill, £ 1.25mill etc.
Or are you going to go along the lines of you contact a manager and say go i want to sign player X for £5mill do you accept so it would look like

EXAMPLE 1

Selling club
1234 Frank Lampard Sell to QPR £15mill

Buying club
1234 Frank Lampard Buy from Chelsea £15mill

So that noone can accidently sign someone or sell someone.

EXAMPLE 2

TRANSFER LIST asking price current winning bid

Frank Lampard £15mill £15mill QPR BID <----- if you wanted to bid you would click here and it would place a bid of price and say 10% increase so next bid would look like

TRANSFER LIST asking price current winning bid

FRrank Lampard £15mill £16.5 Brentford
avatar
Feralis

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-11-06
Location : England

http://www.trophymanager.com/index.php?ref=1021915

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by ladbroke on Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:37 pm

I'd go with Example 2.

Ex 1 looks more like a PBM type game.. and not a web based game, which I believe this will be..
10% seems a bit steep, maybe something more like 2%.. Got to think, at £100,000 10% is only an increase of £10,000 (making it £110,000 - which seems reasonable increase), but on £25M it is a £2.5M increase, and as the fee gets bigger, the increase seems to grow considerably..

ladbroke

Posts : 76
Join date : 2009-11-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by ladbroke on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:22 pm

How about contract lengths??

Would you like players to have contract lengths or just sign and stay until your bored with them or they retire?

Personally, I think contracts could add a bit of spice to the game. If a manager were to 'quit' the game, the good players won't be able to leave until a new manager is found. Now if a manager was not found, the players contract could have expired and therefore become a 'free agent'..

ladbroke

Posts : 76
Join date : 2009-11-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:25 pm

The downside to that is an unmanaged team would lose ALL it's players overtime. An assistant manager as such would need to renew the contracts however contract lengths would be a good idea, and then weather they resign or not could depend on morale, if they never play they may not wish to stay so it means people will have to actually rotate their squad a bit.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 136
Join date : 2009-11-03
Location : Essex, UK

http://ffm.awarspace.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by ladbroke on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:26 pm

Another way to look into it.

I could see a team stockpiling their team with star players, thus not allowing others to get them (ala Chelsea originally, and now Man City).., but if they have contract lengths, the player who doesn't play won't re-sign, so will resign...

ladbroke

Posts : 76
Join date : 2009-11-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:28 pm

I understand that but then say 100 weeks is max contract, if nobody logs in for 100weeks then EVERY player has gone. Maybe unmanaged teams automatically sell players to reasonable bidding...
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 136
Join date : 2009-11-03
Location : Essex, UK

http://ffm.awarspace.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by ladbroke on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:30 pm

I weren't disagreeing with the feedback on my suggestion..

In fact I agree with it. It would destroy a fixture(s) if no one had a team to field..

I agree with what you said about contracts.

ladbroke

Posts : 76
Join date : 2009-11-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:33 pm

Oh yes sorry, misread your post Razz
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 136
Join date : 2009-11-03
Location : Essex, UK

http://ffm.awarspace.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Feralis on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:37 pm

ladbroke wrote:How about contract lengths??

Would you like players to have contract lengths or just sign and stay until your bored with them or they retire?

Personally, I think contracts could add a bit of spice to the game. If a manager were to 'quit' the game, the good players won't be able to leave until a new manager is found. Now if a manager was not found, the players contract could have expired and therefore become a 'free agent'..

Maybe go if someone doesnt log on in say 12 weeks their team becomes inactive till season end then all players are placed on transfer list at wholesale prices and then a general bidding war, as then you get rid of the inactive teams keeping the active players together thus allowing new players to be placed with other new players then they are playing against people of similar skill level.
Thoughts??
avatar
Feralis

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-11-06
Location : England

http://www.trophymanager.com/index.php?ref=1021915

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:39 pm

Sounds like a pretty good idea. But that would also be similar to leagues, if they're inactive they're likely to be demoted, if their active and of high skill they'll get promoted which will separate them into skill groups anyway.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 136
Join date : 2009-11-03
Location : Essex, UK

http://ffm.awarspace.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Feralis on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:40 pm

ladbroke wrote:I'd go with Example 2.

Ex 1 looks more like a PBM type game.. and not a web based game, which I believe this will be..
10% seems a bit steep, maybe something more like 2%.. Got to think, at £100,000 10% is only an increase of £10,000 (making it £110,000 - which seems reasonable increase), but on £25M it is a £2.5M increase, and as the fee gets bigger, the increase seems to grow considerably..

Yes looking at 10% is quite steep maybe a happy medium of 5% then on 20mill its only 1mill increase but still increasing that fee at a reasonable rate.
avatar
Feralis

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-11-06
Location : England

http://www.trophymanager.com/index.php?ref=1021915

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Feralis on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:42 pm

Admin wrote:Sounds like a pretty good idea. But that would also be similar to leagues, if they're inactive they're likely to be demoted, if their active and of high skill they'll get promoted which will separate them into skill groups anyway.

You find that most internet games are similar in getting rid of inactive teams, so its not stealing lol

yes but it will also mean you keep your database slightly less clutered as you will only have the amount of NEEDED leagues at any one time.
avatar
Feralis

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-11-06
Location : England

http://www.trophymanager.com/index.php?ref=1021915

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:45 pm

Ah right, I get where you're coming from now. So basically... At the end of the season, inactives get deleted, their players sold and their team reset.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 136
Join date : 2009-11-03
Location : Essex, UK

http://ffm.awarspace.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Feralis on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:46 pm

in a nut shell

you could maybe do it so the players are sold during a pre season period where actives CANT sell and any players the active players dont want ie havnt bought they are deleted as well.
avatar
Feralis

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-11-06
Location : England

http://www.trophymanager.com/index.php?ref=1021915

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by ladbroke on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:49 pm

One thing I will say will be one of the most difficult things to do will be the transfer market, and how to deal with players that are not at human managed clubs.

ladbroke

Posts : 76
Join date : 2009-11-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:52 pm

ladbroke wrote:One thing I will say will be one of the most difficult things to do will be the transfer market, and how to deal with players that are not at human managed clubs.

Believe it or not, it's actually very simple, just a use of 1 or 2 small formula's for unmanaged sides and the transfer itself is easy, just quite a bit of coding.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 136
Join date : 2009-11-03
Location : Essex, UK

http://ffm.awarspace.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Admin on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:54 pm

Feralis wrote:in a nut shell

you could maybe do it so the players are sold during a pre season period where actives CANT sell and any players the active players dont want ie havnt bought they are deleted as well.

However the downside to that is, PLAYERS (not managers) would become too good too fast. As after one season, the 'not so good' players would all leave, and the best stay, then next season, a whole lot of new good and bad players come in. The good ones stay again, and the cycle continues. So after a few seasons players won't be any better so nobody will buy anyone.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 136
Join date : 2009-11-03
Location : Essex, UK

http://ffm.awarspace.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Feralis on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:56 pm

You could always take that away, as in you cant sign from non human teams. As hopefully the league will have enough actives to keep the transfer market ticking over, maybe that would be something to look at when its up and running, or worse case scenario get the database to generate players to keep the market steady?
avatar
Feralis

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-11-06
Location : England

http://www.trophymanager.com/index.php?ref=1021915

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by ladbroke on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:57 pm

Thats why I suggest that somewhere there should be a hidden rating per team, and players have a hidden rating that they won't go to a certain team, drop to certain levels..

I agree with Feralis that someone at the bottom who saved a lot of money to buy the best player in game, shouldn't be able to not sign him, just making it a little more realistic that they buy effectively the best of the rest players, players that perform well, further down the leagues..

ladbroke

Posts : 76
Join date : 2009-11-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Feralis on Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:58 pm

Admin wrote:
Feralis wrote:in a nut shell

you could maybe do it so the players are sold during a pre season period where actives CANT sell and any players the active players dont want ie havnt bought they are deleted as well.

However the downside to that is, PLAYERS (not managers) would become too good too fast. As after one season, the 'not so good' players would all leave, and the best stay, then next season, a whole lot of new good and bad players come in. The good ones stay again, and the cycle continues. So after a few seasons players won't be any better so nobody will buy anyone.

If your worried about that, take it away inactive teams are just reset. Same with their players.
avatar
Feralis

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-11-06
Location : England

http://www.trophymanager.com/index.php?ref=1021915

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Feralis on Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:01 pm

ladbroke wrote:Thats why I suggest that somewhere there should be a hidden rating per team, and players have a hidden rating that they won't go to a certain team, drop to certain levels..

I agree with Feralis that someone at the bottom who saved a lot of money to buy the best player in game, shouldn't be able to not sign him, just making it a little more realistic that they buy effectively the best of the rest players, players that perform well, further down the leagues..

Ah well i now dont disagree with that suggestion then, it was just it sounded like you was saying sorry little guys your not gunna be able to sign good players hahaha.

If its just a attribute so that the player plays better lower down then fine.
avatar
Feralis

Posts : 80
Join date : 2009-11-06
Location : England

http://www.trophymanager.com/index.php?ref=1021915

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by ladbroke on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:09 am

Is there a chance to include some kind of loan market??

If so, limit to maybe 2-3 loans per season.... and only 1 at a time...

ladbroke

Posts : 76
Join date : 2009-11-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfer List

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum