Fantasy Football Management League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Member I guess

3 posters

Go down

First Member I guess Empty First Member I guess

Post by ladbroke Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:23 pm

Well, after the admin Stephen anyways..

Im Ash, a Brentford supporter for my sins, though we are current champions of, ahem.. League Two.......

I have enjoyed playing many games online, such as Hattrick and XpertEleven, but honestly, there are aspects in both games that I think could be better.

In Hattrick, I've been playing now for 4-5 years. I can never seem to get out of Division 5 (unless I purposely get relegated to 'start' again). I'm now back in Division 6, but earning money now rathe than losing it - but very slowly....
Its one of those games that unless you got a lot of money, which the early starters of the game seems to have, you don't do that well.. The finances are unrealistic I think. A team, even in the top division, can't have too many top players as they will run at a loss and face losing their team if they fall only a couple hundred thousand in debt. The wages (and the 20% foreign extra) can be very high!).
In XpertEleven, I think the coaching side is good, but there is no real scope to earn any money, other than through the odd sponsorship activity, which used to be a questionaire, where you get £1M every time, or by selling players. You don't pay wages, granted, so the only thing your money gets spent on is transfers, but I still think it can improve in that area.
I know on both of the games, I have criticised the money situation, but if they are going to price wages (Hattrick) and transfer fees (Xpert11) high, then at least give the teams a chance with better finances..
The other game I play is Pitchside Manager, which to be frank, is more a luck based game. I've been promoted 3 times in a row, and early on it seems I'm going to do well again.

Well, thats my name, my team, and my interest on internet manager games. You'll get to know more about me in the future I guess....

Ash

ladbroke

Back to top Go down

First Member I guess Empty Re: First Member I guess

Post by Admin Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:30 pm

Hey and welcome Smile

Happy to see somebody actually interested in it. I'm a pretty good coder and can code most things if given the time, I just lack the imagination and graphical side of websites (Don't worry, I have a good friend who is pretty good at that side, I'm sure I can talk him into helping me out Cool). So that's why I figured I'd go about making the simulator this way, you all have your input and I'll be using it too, because I too have played many fantasy management games and each with their drawbacks just none allow people to help and it's incredibly difficult to get something added or changed. This however will be very customisable so nearly any idea somebody puts across will be implemented and you chose your own features to have in it or not. So you don't need to have it if you don't want.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://ffm.awarspace.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Feralis Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Hi my name is Michael im a self confessed football manager sim maniac I have played many postal games god knows how many internet sims, so I like to think im a good simulation manager, have had many successes in them but also many dissappointments as well.
I support QPR (woohoo theres 2 of us) the richest team in the world, but with the tightest directors in the world as well, how can they be worth that much and not want to spend any money (RANT over).
Im quite a blunt person so if I seem nasty or rude im probally dont mean it or realise it, i hate people who have to say something even when nothing needs saying, so i would say im probally not a very good people person lol im nice really.
Feralis
Feralis

http://www.trophymanager.com/index.php?ref=1021915

Back to top Go down

Post by ladbroke Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:38 pm

3 members so far, who support (as their first team at least)... Chelsea, QPR and Brentford.. all West London teams bounce

ladbroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Feralis Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:49 pm

Yeah but at least we all agree QPR are the greatest Very Happy
Feralis
Feralis

Back to top Go down

Post by ladbroke Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:50 pm

Well... 2 of you agree that you watch (painfully) QPR...

ladbroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Feralis Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:02 pm

ladbroke wrote:Well... 2 of you agree that you watch (painfully) QPR...
Well that makes it 66% of people on this forum think QPR are great lol
Feralis
Feralis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:40 pm

Actually it makes...

(2 / 3) * 100

That would be the correct way of displaying the correct percentage Smile Plus you can't actually do % in any form of coding / programming, it's fractions fractions fractions!!!

Got a touch bored so thought I'd make this post to rabble on and on and on
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://ffm.awarspace.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum