Fantasy Football Management League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Player/club ability/potentials and moving clubs...

3 posters

Go down

Player/club ability/potentials and moving clubs... Empty Player/club ability/potentials and moving clubs...

Post by ladbroke Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:39 am

Don't know how many divisions your planning on creating, or whether your coding it in a way where we can create how many we want ourselves, but....

How about players having HIDDEN attributes (like in FM) where they will only join 'certain' clubs.

In real life, Steven Gerrard won't join Brentford (though I'd like it to happen Very Happy ). So maybe each club has a club rating, and the player has a player ability rating... Maybe, if say 3 clubs bidded, and one was below that figure of ability, the player will turn that club down, and leave the other two to battle it out for his signature.

More so that, players should also have other hidden things that give them a reason to choose one club over another.. maybe something hidden says he is a money grabber (therefore accepts the offer of more money), maybe a local man (stays in, or nearest, the region he is from/at) etc..

Clubs at the beginning of the game have certain ability level, depending on league they are in. They can earn rep points by doing well in the league/cup. If a team is promoted they can gain extra points by how well they done to get promoted. If team relegated, then same can be done in terms of taking away points. If a player is at the club, whose rating is above the relegated teams rating, then he may express desire to move on.

If this too complicated then shoot me down... but just a thought.
I base this thought on both the main games I play. I can buy players that I think are too good for my division, and I tend to walk them... (though force relegation the next season as my team aren't good enough yet)....

ladbroke

Back to top Go down

Player/club ability/potentials and moving clubs... Empty Re: Player/club ability/potentials and moving clubs...

Post by Admin Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Yeah I see where you're coming from. Don't worry that's very simple, like most things Smile Obviously 1 league down for a player would be acceptable but less likely to happen then one of the same. As then you can be slightly more prepared for promotion if that's on the cards.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://ffm.awarspace.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Player/club ability/potentials and moving clubs... Empty Re: Player/club ability/potentials and moving clubs...

Post by Feralis Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:25 pm

The hidden attrubute idea is a good idea, though a well know one as well. Dont believe it should be one for if your a lower league club as isnt that part of the fun? do i save for 2 seasons and buy 1 world class player, but would that mean he is not actually playing to best of his ability as all his team mates are not as good, or do i have a team of solid professionals?
But back to the hidden attrubutes idea yes but for now i would suggest say...
Injury proneness
Professionalism/Temperment
Natural ability ( ie Wayne Rooney very high, Paul Terry Low etc) this could also be expanded on as well but more on that at a later date.
Favourite position
There could be many many more but i believe simplicity is best as there is less to go wrong and also people can over complicate things.
Feralis
Feralis

http://www.trophymanager.com/index.php?ref=1021915

Back to top Go down

Post by ladbroke Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:40 am

What I meant about hidden attributes was that a team could have a rating of 60/100, and the player on the market has a hidden attribute of 61+... If so, then he is very unlikely to join the club, unless another hidden att. is money grabber, which then if he is offered x amount more than his abilities average, then he may lower his standards..

If the club hidden att. is above the players, then the player may join the player, as he will feel that the club can make him better.

Make sense?

ladbroke

Back to top Go down

Post by Feralis Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:51 am

ladbroke wrote:What I meant about hidden attributes was that a team could have a rating of 60/100, and the player on the market has a hidden attribute of 61+... If so, then he is very unlikely to join the club, unless another hidden att. is money grabber, which then if he is offered x amount more than his abilities average, then he may lower his standards..

If the club hidden att. is above the players, then the player may join the player, as he will feel that the club can make him better.

Make sense?

Yes i know what you mean, like you said in your original post you said like FM.. thats where i believe the problem arises, in all the internet/postal manager sims there hasnt (to my knowledge) been an actual player decision attribute for a player rejecting the lowest tier of football, and that in my opinion is what makes those internet/postal games lovable as your not restricted on who you can buy. You can also see a club from the lowest tier win the cup and that is what draws me to games, the prospect of maybe winning the cup but more so the fact noone is out of my league.
Although Stephen could make it so these are options to turn on or off depending on what the person wants.
Me personally i like to be able to sign anyone if ive got the funds.
Feralis
Feralis

http://www.trophymanager.com/index.php?ref=1021915

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down